RIVIAN ELECTRIC CAR MAINTENANCE 101: A Guide To Keeping Your Ride At Peak Performance
16 Mar 2023 • 6 mins to read
When it comes to driving an electric car, maintenance can often be intimidating. The worst possible thing you could do is to neglect your car’s maintenance and risk a breakdown while on the road. This article is designed to help you understand the maintenance basics of owning a Rivian electric car.
With this guide, you’ll be able to confidently keep your ride running in tip-top shape.
- Make sure the charging cord is in good working condition. Check for frayed wires, broken or damaged plugs, or any other signs or damage.
- When charging, it’s important to keep the charger away from any water or elements that could be potentially damaging.
- It’s also important to check the car battery regularly. The Rivian electric car has a dedicated battery monitoring system that can give you an idea of your battery’s health. Keep an eye out for any warning signs and make sure to contact customer service should you have any concerns.
- When you’re riding, pay attention to your battery life and make sure to park in a spot that allows you to charge easily. This can help make sure your battery is topped off at all times.
- Don’t let your battery get too hot or too cold. Extreme temperatures can shorten the life of your battery.
- Be sure to drive your car regularly. This helps to keep the battery charged and improves the car’s performance. If you don’t plan on driving for a while, be sure to plug the car in and keep it plugged in.
- Check your tire pressure regularly. It’s important to keep your tires properly inflated in order to maximize the car’s performance.
- Be sure to keep up with the routine maintenance schedule. This should include regular oil changes, brake pad replacements, and tire rotations.
- It’s also important to make sure your car is always clean. Regularly checking for dirt and debris can help keep your car in the best shape possible.
- Also check the car’s filters to make sure they’re clean. Dirt and debris can build up over time and clog the filters, which can lead to power losses or other issues.
- Be sure to also check the car’s brakes and brake fluid regularly. Brake fluids can evaporate over time, so be sure to top them off as needed.
Following these simple maintenance tips can go a long way in helping you keep your Rivian electric car in the best possible shape. With proper care and maintenance, you can rest assured knowing that your car will be running at peak performance. Plus, maintaining your car can help extend its life and help ensure that you get the most out of your investment.
Energy5 provides end-to-end EV charging solutions for businesses
From incentives to funding, permits, installation and software, Energy5 is your trusted EVC partner.Request a callback